I’ve been wanting to write this post for some time now. I initially wanted to write “5 makeup products under N1000 but with the the current economic situation in Nigeria, it would be almost impossible…”change” they say😏 I hope this will be helpful to anyone on a budget or “a budget of a budget” and still wants to look good.
Disclaimer: Some of these products are really good but I wouldn’t say they are as good as the more expensive products on the market. I just wanted to put that out there.
Let’s get into it:
1. Classic mattifying liquid foundation:
This is a very affordable foundation with good lasting power. It is a medium coverage foundation and is mattifying(which is excellent for people with combination/oily skin). It also comes with a pump to avoid wastage.
It costs N1000-1500. I reviewed this foundation here.
2. Davis eye pencil in 003: I think everyone and their mothers uses this to fill in their brows. It has good pigmentation, it’s just the right kind of brown and it comes with its own sharpener. It’s totally a steal at N50-100.
3. LA Girl Pro HD concealer: With its wide variety of shades and good coverage, it’s no wonder it’s a staple for every makeup purse. It also has a brush top for application. You can use it to highlight, conceal and clean out your brows.
It costs N1000-1500. Read the full review here.
4. Maybelline colossal Kajal pencil:
I know you must have been expecting this. It’s a true black, smudge- free eyeliner. It stays in place and doesn’t irritate the eyes(good for sensitive eyes). I’m not sure it’s waterproof though. If you want a good black eyeliner, I’d advise you to get it. It’s worth every Naira. Plus it’s so easy to find in your makeup purse(since its bright yellow).
5. Jordana lipsticks: They are creamy, pigmented and have a wide variety of shades. They don’t make your lips sting like many cheap lipsticks do. Though they tend to transfer quite a lot, they are good alternative to your more expensive lipsticks for everyday wear.
That concludes “5 under N1500”. I wanted to make it a list that could create a full face makeup look but I couldn’t find a good face powder that cost less than N1500…any suggestions?? You can buy these products at most makeup stores/shops around you. I really hope this helps someone!
If it did, leave your comments below..If it didn’t, leave your comments below.😊I’d love to hear from you!
“Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds you plant” – Robert Louis Stevenson
Thanks for reading,