Today, I’ll be giving you a little rundown/gist on the Beauty Africa Exhibition and Conferences I attended last week.
Beauty Africa Exhibition and conferences is a yearly event that hosts beauty brands, experts, manufacturers, influencers…practically all the stakeholders in the beauty industry coming together to discuss the one thing we have in common…BEAUTY.
This year’s event was a 3-day event (6th to 8th of October) and it was held at Landmark Centre, Victoria Island, Lagos.
I was able to attend on the 2nd day, which had so many beauty gurus present; Banke Meshida-Lawal of BMPro, Theodora Mogo of Doranne beauty, Ezinne Alfa of Beauty in Lagos, Louisa Kinoshi of BeautyRevNg, Mocheddah, Lola OJ to mention a few.
I’ll be sharing with you tidbits I learnt from the event; as well as pictures.
The theme for the conference that day was “The Beauty Business forum: A focus on brand building, digital influencers and marketing strategies“.
The moderator was Ezinne Alfa and the panelists were:
– Banke Meshida-Lawal
– Daboju Michael Ogboru of Savvyandchic
– Louisa Kinoshi
– Doranne Beauty
– Valerie Obaze of R and R Luxury
– Chika Uzor of GlamAfric
They all talked about their journies in the beauty industry and gave advice to those of us present:
* Seyi Ayinla spoke about keeping up with trends in the beauty industry, stating current, building a brand based on what you stand for and focusing on building value for your brand.
* Banke Meshida-Lawal spoke about being consistent and staying true to yourself and your abilities.
* Lola OJ talked about her experience as a digital influencer and how to convert digital influence to “nairas”(monetizing as an influencer/blogger).
* Mocheddah and Doranne Beauty emphasized the importance of social media and how people have to trust you as influencer.
* Louisa Kinoshi further emphasized how she had built a brand; with social media being a pivot. “If it didn’t happen on social media, it didn’t happen”.
Banke Meshida-Lawal also did a live demo on the authentic Nigerian look.
This was my first experience at a beauty exhibition and it was an amazing eye-opener!
I hope to attend more like this in the future!
“There’s no force equal to a woman determined to rise” – Web Dubois
•When I’m not here, I’m there:
(Please check my social media links below 👇🏽)
•Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE, so you can get updates on all my posts via email!
Thanks for stopping by!