How do you keep dolls hair from tangling?
Method Three: Baby Shampoo
- Squeeze a small amount (a penny or dime-sized squirt) of baby shampoo into the palm of your hand.
- Massage the baby shampoo into the doll’s hair.
- Allow the shampoo to sit for a minute or two.
- Rinse the shampoo from the doll’s hair.
- Gently brush the doll’s hair until it is tangle-free.
- Pat dry.
How do you repair damaged doll hair?
Combine 2 cups (470 ml) of warm water with 2 US tbsp (30 ml) of fabric softener. This will be the mixture that you’ll use to soak your doll’s hair. Once you’ve mixed the warm water and fabric softener together, you can either put it in a small bowl that will fit your doll’s head, or you can pour it into a spray bottle.
How do you make dolls hair soft and silky?
Soak the hair in fabric softener.
- To avoid wasting fabric softener, start off by adding a small amount. Add more fabric softener as you go along, adding enough to soak the doll’s hair.
- Place the doll’s hair in the bowl. Work the fabric softener into the hair using your fingers.
- Set the doll aside.
How do you fix doll hair with conditioner?
SIX SIMPLE STEPS TO DETANGLE DOLL HAIR
- Pick the doll with matted, untangled hair.
- Wet the doll’s hair with a little water.
- Take about a quarter’s size dollop of conditioner in your palm.
- Work the conditioner into the hair, yes lovingly.
- Slowly begin brushing out the hair starting from the bottom and working your way up.
Can I use detangler on doll hair?
Likely any of brand of conditioner and spray detangler would do. The Wet hair brush helps to minimize tearing the doll hair as you detangle it. I combed both products through the doll’s hair, being gentle so that I didn’t pull out very many strands. After this, I followed with a thorough rinse with water.
How do you get tangled hair out?
Use a hair clip to hold each section in place. Working one section at a time, draw the hair away from your scalp, gently holding it taut. Then, spritz the detangling spray on that section of hair and allow it to saturate your hair for a moment. Next, use a hair pick or comb to get the knot out.
Can you straighten OMG dolls hair?
For best styling results, lightly mist your doll’s hair with water as needed before you brush or pick it. Never use a blow dryer, a curling iron, hot rollers, or a straightening iron on your doll’s wig. The fibers are made of a special acrylic and any heat source can dry, stiffen, frizz, or even melt them.