- 1 Is it hard to take care of platinum hair?
- 2 How do you hydrate platinum hair?
- 3 How do I prepare my hair for platinum?
- 4 How often should you wash platinum hair?
- 5 What shampoo is good for platinum blonde hair?
- 6 Can I go platinum blonde?
- 7 Why does my platinum hair turn yellow?
- 8 What toner should I use for platinum blonde?
- 9 How can I hydrate my hair?
- 10 How can I repair my damaged hair fast at home?
- 11 How long does platinum blonde hair last?
- 12 Is strawberry blonde hair?
- 13 How many times do I have to bleach my hair to get it platinum blonde?
Is it hard to take care of platinum hair?
By far, platinum blond has to be the hair color that’s the easiest to love, but the hardest to maintain. Those who have embraced the icy shade before know just how many products it takes to keep it neither too brassy nor too cool on a daily basis.
How do you hydrate platinum hair?
How to Rehydrate Your Hair After Bleaching
- Wash your hair less often.
- Condition more.
- Use a hair mask.
- Dry your hair gently after washing.
- Keep brassiness at bay.
- Add a hair oil into the mix.
- Skip the heat styling.
- See your stylist for a hair gloss treatment.
How do I prepare my hair for platinum?
Going Platinum: What to Know Before Dyeing Your Hair
- You shouldn’t wash your hair the day of (or night before) your appointment.
- Make sure you don’t leave anything out when you discuss your hair history.
- Bring a snack — you’re going to be in the styling chair for quite awhile.
- Prepare for some discomfort.
How often should you wash platinum hair?
3. Wash Sparingly and Properly. After going platinum blonde, the golden rule for maintaining your color is to shampoo less frequently than normal. If you shampoo every day, try slowing down to every other day to prevent drying out your hair.
What shampoo is good for platinum blonde hair?
The Best Purple Shampoos for Platinum Hair: 968K Reviews
- Daddy-O Shampoo. 4.4 / 5 (454 reviews)
- Bright Blonde Shampoo for Beautiful Color. 4.5 / 5 (368 reviews)
- Color Balance Purple Shampoo. 4.5 / 5 (3867 reviews)
- Dumb Blonde Purple Toning Shampoo.
- Sterling Silver Shampoo.
- BC Hairtherapy Color Save Silver Shampoo.
Can I go platinum blonde?
Platinum blond is also a high maintenance color that requires a professional touch, so it can get expensive. However, if you’re up for the time and financial commitment, then you can definitely go platinum blond.
Why does my platinum hair turn yellow?
Brassy hair is caused by an overabundance of warm pigments in your hair. For example, when platinum blonde hair becomes too yellow or when golden highlights turn reddish-gold or orange. When you lighten your hair, your natural hair color is lifted to make room for the new color.
What toner should I use for platinum blonde?
If you’re trying to cancel out orange tones to achieve a dark, ashy blonde or light brown, a blue toner is your best bet. Going for a platinum or silvery blonde? Use a violet-based toner to remove yellow undertones.
How can I hydrate my hair?
how to moisturize dry hair
- Choose a shampoo that is designed for dry hair.
- Skip the daily shampooing.
- Waterproof your hair with a thick conditioner cream before taking a dip in the pool.
- Ditch the chemicals when taming frizzy hair.
- Deep condition hair overnight as a daily moisturizer.
- Lay off the excess hair color.
How can I repair my damaged hair fast at home?
Home remedies to treat dry and damaged hair
- Have butter. On dry hair, apply some butter and massage well.
- Using hair oils. For dry hair, olive oil is one of the best treatments.
- Applying yoghurt and oil mask.
- Avocado paste.
- Wash your hair with tea.
- Add egg to your shampoo.
- Egg mask.
How long does platinum blonde hair last?
Maintaining a platinum dye job is much different than natural hair. Expect to get your roots touched up about every six weeks if you don’t want them to show (sooner if you cut your hair often.) The longer they get, the harder they are to keep consistent with the rest of your hair.
Is strawberry blonde hair?
Strawberry blonde is lighter than red hair. ‘It’s extremely rare for people to have hair that is naturally a strawberry blonde color. Basically, strawberry blonde is mostly based on red tones, with blonde highlights dotted here and there. ‘Strawberry blonde is the lightest shade of red hair.
How many times do I have to bleach my hair to get it platinum blonde?
Because going platinum blonde usually means at least two rounds of a bleach process (and potentially a third or fourth process depending on how your hair reacts to bleach), it’s even more damaging than the usual blonde highlights.