- 1 How do you take care of Remy human hair extensions?
- 2 What should you not put in hair extensions?
- 3 Can you put oil on hair extensions?
- 4 How do you keep hair extensions from drying out?
- 5 How do I rehydrate my extensions?
- 6 How do I keep my extensions soft and silky?
- 7 What shampoo does not use tape in extensions?
- 8 What shampoo should you not use on hair extensions?
- 9 How can I keep my hair healthy while wearing extensions?
- 10 What oil is good for hair extensions?
- 11 How do you apply oil to hair extensions?
- 12 How often should I put oil in my hair extensions?
How do you take care of Remy human hair extensions?
The Cleaning Process:
- Brush hair thoroughly prior to washing to remove any knots and/or tangles.
- Wet hair as normal.
- Apply conditioner to the extensions prior to washing to help maintain moisture levels.
- Apply shampoo (on top of conditioned extensions) and wash gently.
- Rinse thoroughly.
- Apply moisturizing conditioner.
What should you not put in hair extensions?
What Not to Use on Hair Extensions
- Sulphate shampoos. First and foremost, don’t use sulphate shampoos on your clip in hair extensions, or any extensions for that matter.
- Bleach. Bleach is also a product not to use on clip in hair extensions.
- Normal bristle brushes.
- Products containing alcohol.
Can you put oil on hair extensions?
The truth is hair oils are absolutely beneficial to your hair as well as to your extensions when applied at the midshaft all the way to the tips. Just keep in mind not to apply them at the roots or at the weft bonds or else the microbeads or adhesives will break faster.
How do you keep hair extensions from drying out?
Apply a hair serum You want to take a small amount and apply it to your extensions. You want to use your fingers to rake the serum through to make sure it gets all over your extensions. Adding a little bit 2-3 times a week can go a long way and stop your hair from drying out quickly.
How do I rehydrate my extensions?
Repair Dry & Damaged Hair Extensions
- USE RECOMMENDED SHAMPOO. The type of shampoo you use can affect your hair extensions from slipping to fading color.
- PREVENT THERMAL DAMAGE. We know how much you love your straightener and curling iron.
- USE A DEEP CONDITIONER.
- ADD HAIR OIL.
- HEAT TREAT + SHINE & LEAVE-IN CONDITIONER.
How do I keep my extensions soft and silky?
HOW TO: SOFT AND HEALTHY LOOKING HAIR EXTENSIONS FOR LONGER
- Tips for washing your hair extensions.
- Use a Low heat setting and a Heat Protection Spray.
- Use the correct brush and brushing technique on your hair extensions.
- Avoid blowdrying your hair extensions.
- Don’t leave your extensions in direct sunlight.
What shampoo does not use tape in extensions?
Do not use any shampoos that contain silicone or moisture. Any conditioners, oils, or masks, you must use from the mid-shaft down, so the product never touches the base of the panels.
What shampoo should you not use on hair extensions?
Stay away from any shampoo with Sodium Laurel Sulfate (SLS) as this often damages and corrodes the bonds.
How can I keep my hair healthy while wearing extensions?
How to Care for Your Natural Hair While Wearing Extensions
- Prepare your scalp and hair.
- Clean your hair with a good quality shampoo.
- Moisturize and condition your hair.
- Apply products with vitamins on your hair to nourish it.
- Always ensure that your extensions are not too tight.
- Don’t forget about your extensions.
What oil is good for hair extensions?
Just a few drops of Argan oil nourishes, moisturizes, and smoothens hair strands, reducing dryness, brittleness, and frizziness, perfect for soft, manageable hair extensions. Since argan oil is not as greasy as coconut oil, it can be used as a finishing oil after styling.
How do you apply oil to hair extensions?
Apply a small amount of oil through the mids and ends of your hair each night (wet or dry hair) brush through for an even application and by morning your extensions will have soaked up any residue and will be perfectly soft and have retained full volume and are ready to style!
How often should I put oil in my hair extensions?
Three times a day is recommended. This will help to distribute natural oils and also reduce tangles. Always start from the tips and work upwards, holding the roots with your other hand. You can use a special loop brush made just for extensions or a wide tooth comb.