- 1 How do you take care of Great Lengths hair extensions?
- 2 How long after Great Lengths extensions can you wash your hair?
- 3 Can you let Great Lengths hair extensions dry naturally?
- 4 How long do Great Lengths hair extensions last?
- 5 Do great lengths ruin your hair?
- 6 Can you reuse Great Lengths extensions?
- 7 How do Great Lengths hair extensions work?
- 8 How do you use great lengths anti tap water?
- 9 What should you not put in hair extensions?
- 10 How can I make my extensions last longer?
- 11 Can you dye your hair with Great Lengths extensions?
- 12 Can you swim with Great Lengths hair extensions?
- 13 Are Great Lengths worth it?
How do you take care of Great Lengths hair extensions?
General maintenance and aftercare guidelines:
- Don’t shampoo your hair for at least 48 hours after your extensions have been applied.
- Use Great Lengths aftercare products to maximize potential wear and protect attachment site.
- Lather gently from roots to tips, don’t use a rough scrubbing motion.
How long after Great Lengths extensions can you wash your hair?
Remember – don’t get your hair wet or wash your hair for 48 hours after your extensions are applied. Avoid sweating excessively during this time to avoid producing excess moisture. This allows for the attachments of the extensions to fully set into your hair.
Can you let Great Lengths hair extensions dry naturally?
DRYING YOUR HAIR Always dry your hair thoroughly, do not leave it to dry naturally as hair is at its most vulnerable when wet. Remember that styling products should only be applied to the lengths and ends of your hair and never to the GL Pre-Bonded or GL tapes itself.
How long do Great Lengths hair extensions last?
They can last between six to eight weeks and if well maintained they can be re-taped up to three times. Tapes are a more temporary application option.” Can you colour your hair wearing Great Lengths extensions? “You can continue to colour your hair with both types of extensions.
Do great lengths ruin your hair?
THE SHORT ANSWER IS NO, GREAT LENGTHS WILL NOT DAMAGE YOUR HAIR, WHEN APPLIED CORRECTLY BY AN EXPERTLY TRAINED PROFESSIONAL. Our unique bond is designed to mimic the structure of your natural hair. The bond synchronizes with the hair, expanding and contracting accordingly when wet or dry, cool or heated.
Can you reuse Great Lengths extensions?
THE SHORT ANSWER: Great Lengths pre-bonded extensions can last 4-6 months. GL Tapes can last 4-8 weeks. Upon removal, they can be re-used.
How do Great Lengths hair extensions work?
Great Lengths Hair Extensions use their patented “Synthesized Keratin Protein Polymer” bond for the application of the hair. In short, the bond mimics your natural hair and is flexible, so that it can expand and contract with your hair as you wash and dry it.
How do you use great lengths anti tap water?
After showering, apply the Great Lengths Anti-Tap Water remedy to restore your hair’s natural ph balance. Dry your hair by wrapping it with a Great Lengths Microfibre Headwrap or a towel to remove moisture. Always dry the base area thoroughly to avoid bond breakdown. Avoiding drying in a scrubbing motion.
What should you not put in hair extensions?
What Not to Use on Hair Extensions
- Sulphate shampoos. First and foremost, don’t use sulphate shampoos on your clip in hair extensions, or any extensions for that matter.
- Bleach. Bleach is also a product not to use on clip in hair extensions.
- Normal bristle brushes.
- Products containing alcohol.
How can I make my extensions last longer?
Top 7 Extension Hair Care Tips At Home
- Wash Your Extensions Correctly.
- Never Sleep With Wet Extensions.
- Always Brush Extensions With Care.
- Schedule A Weekly Conditioning Treatment.
- Minimise Heat Damage.
- Avoid Tangling While You Sleep.
- Separate The Bonds Daily.
Can you dye your hair with Great Lengths extensions?
-Yes, you can continue to color your hair as needed. Bleach must not be applied directly to the extension bond. We typically recommend that you continue to come into our Salon for your hair color, so that we can maintain the longevity of your hair extensions.
Can you swim with Great Lengths hair extensions?
Yes, Great Lengths hair extensions suit most lifestyles, however, we recommend to avoid daily or frequently repeated swimming, particularly in seawater and chlorinated water, and excessive sauna and steam room use, as these activities may affect the lifespan of your GL Pre-bonded or GL Tapes.
Are Great Lengths worth it?
It’s pricey – but worth it. It WILL cost you between $800 -$1500. You must brush your hair from the roots twice a day with a special Great Lengths brush to avoid epic knots (that stink!) Moisturise the ends of the hair regularly especially if you’re at the beach a lot.