- 1 How can I protect my scalp from relaxer?
- 2 How often should I deep condition my relaxed hair?
- 3 How often should I wash and condition my relaxed hair?
- 4 What is the most gentle hair relaxer?
- 5 Will hair grow back after chemical burn?
- 6 How do you treat a damaged scalp?
- 7 How long does it take for a scalp burn to heal?
- 8 How can I moisturize my relaxed hair everyday?
- 9 Do you deep condition on dry or wet hair?
- 10 How long does relaxed hair last?
- 11 Can I wash my relaxed hair twice a week?
- 12 How do you use leave in conditioner on relaxed hair?
How can I protect my scalp from relaxer?
How To Reduce Scalp Irritation From A Hair Relaxer2 minute read
- Pre-process care. Avoid washing or combing your hair for over a week before you relax it.
- Avoid relaxation if you have a damaged scalp.
- Apply a base cream to your scalp and hairline.
- Keep a timer!
- Rinse your hair.
How often should I deep condition my relaxed hair?
If you’re diligent about conditioning and always use a leave-in after shampooing, you probably won’t need deep treatments more than once or twice a month. If you apply a lot of heat to your hair, however, you may need to deep condition at least once a week.
How often should I wash and condition my relaxed hair?
Relaxed hair should be washed at least once a week, especially during warmer months when sun, chlorine and saltwater can negatively impact chemically treated locs. Invest in a shampoo with hydrating properties to help you clean, maintain and restore hydration.
What is the most gentle hair relaxer?
Best Gentle: Just for Me No-Lye Regular Conditioning Creme Relaxer.
Will hair grow back after chemical burn?
Moderate styling damage can cause temporary hair loss if the burn has scorched the surface of the skin. This is known as chemical trauma and the hair should grow back naturally in time, or specialised hair loss treatment can be used to help speed this process along.
How do you treat a damaged scalp?
No matter the cause, we’ve put together some solutions for at-home treatment you can try to tackle your dry scalp.
- Coconut oil.
- Tea tree oil.
- Aloe vera.
- Apple cider vinegar.
- Witch hazel.
- Baking soda and olive oil.
- Mashed bananas.
- Yogurt and egg.
How long does it take for a scalp burn to heal?
The amount of damage to the skin depends on how strong the chemical was, how much of it was on the skin, and how long it was there. Chemical burns, even minor ones, can be very painful. A minor burn may heal within a few days. But a more serious burn may take weeks or even months to heal completely.
How can I moisturize my relaxed hair everyday?
A moisturizing lotion, spray or leave-in conditioner is applied to the length of your hair, followed up by applying a little oil to your ends (last two-three inches of hair). Moisturizing and sealing is best done at night before bedtime.
Do you deep condition on dry or wet hair?
For optimal results, deep conditioning on freshly shampooed, wet hair will be best. A good deep conditioner like our Coco Repair — Deep Conditioner or one of our new Butter Fusions Masques can help you relieve and reverse dry and damaged hair.
How long does relaxed hair last?
The results vary depending on your hair type, but usually a hair relaxer will leave your hair straight for about six to eight weeks. Unlike other permanent straightening methods, relaxing your hair will require touch-ups from time to time.
Can I wash my relaxed hair twice a week?
If you can go once a week and just shampoo, blow dry, use your hot tool, that’s fine, but if you have relaxed hair and you just set it, and you don’t use hot tools other than maybe a dryer or a hood dryer, you can shampoo a couple times a week. Definitely once a week is great for relaxed curls.
How do you use leave in conditioner on relaxed hair?
To use leave-in hair conditioner:
- Gently towel-dry your hair to remove excess water after a shower.
- Apply leave-in conditioner following instructions on the bottle.
- Gently comb through your hair with fingers or a wide-tooth comb. Avoid the crown of your head.
- Let your hair air-dry, or continue to style as normal.