- 1 How do you take care of a doll’s hair?
- 2 How do I keep my American Girl dolls hair nice?
- 3 Can you use conditioner on American Girl hair?
- 4 How do you make your American Girl dolls hair not frizzy?
- 5 How do you brush a doll’s hair?
- 6 Can you replace hair on American Girl doll?
- 7 How do I get my dolls hair back to normal?
- 8 What is the best way to wash a doll’s hair?
- 9 Can you flat iron American Girl doll hair?
How do you take care of a doll’s hair?
How should I care for my dolls’ hair?
- Divide doll’s hair into small sections and gently brush them one at a time.
- Mist doll’s hair lightly with water from a spray bottle if you are having a hard time detangling it.
- If doll has wavy hair, be very gentle when brushing the ends, as this will help preserve the curls.
How do I keep my American Girl dolls hair nice?
For best styling results, lightly mist your doll’s hair with water as needed before you brush or pick it. Use just enough water to make the hair easier to work with. Be sure not to get water in her eyes—they may rust! Try the misting bottle and styling cape from the American Girl Hair Care Kit.
Can you use conditioner on American Girl hair?
Conditioning your doll’s hair is optional, but it can help to make your doll’s hair less frizzy. You can use any kind of conditioner you want. You can try to use the brand that goes with the shampoo you used, or just go with a regular hydrating conditioner.
How do you make your American Girl dolls hair not frizzy?
Tips for Fixing American Girl Doll Hair
- Never brush the hair dry. Always wet the hair using a spray bottle before you brush.
- Use a wire brush brush. I bought an American Girl brush because my personal stylist told me wire brushes are hard to come by and usually costly.
- Never apply heat.
How do you brush a doll’s hair?
How to Detangle Doll Hair Tutorial
- Step 1: Mix 1 part water to 1 part liquid softener.
- Step 2: Soak your doll’s hair in the mixture until thoroughly saturated.
- Step 3: Hold the head of the doll tightly to prevent hair loss.
- Step 4: Brush until you have removed the tangles.
Can you replace hair on American Girl doll?
People who purchase secondhand or used dolls quite often purchase dolls who have haircuts, hair damage, or tangled hair that cannot be managed or corrected easily and a new wig starts the doll fresh. When a doll is sent to the American Girl Doll Hospital for hair damage, the doll is simply given a completely new head.
How do I get my dolls hair back to normal?
To use the conditioner method, you’ll need to:
- Squirt a dime-sized amount of conditioner into the palm of your hand.
- Gently massage that conditioner into the doll’s hair.
- Let the conditioner soak into the hair over several minutes.
- Rinse the conditioner from the hair.
- Gently brush out any remaining tangles.
- Pat dry.
What is the best way to wash a doll’s hair?
Washing Doll Hair
- Get a big bowl and fill it half way with cool water.
- Add ¼ teaspoon of baby shampoo.
- Cover the doll’s body with a plastic bag to keep it dry.
- Turn the doll upside down, swirl it around until her hair is completely wet.
- Gently work the shampoo into her hair.
Can you flat iron American Girl doll hair?
The wire Doll Hairbrush and Sparkly Hair Pick were designed to work best with American Girl dolls’ hair. Never use a blow dryer, a curling iron, hot rollers, or a straightening iron on your doll’s wig. The fibers are made of a special acrylic and any heat source can dry, stiffen, frizz, or even melt them.