- 1 What should I put on my hair after big chop?
- 2 Does natural hair grow faster after big chop?
- 3 How long does it take for hair to grow after big chop?
- 4 How do you keep your hair moisturized after the big chop?
- 5 Should I big chop or transition?
- 6 How often should you wash your hair after big chop?
- 7 How can I make my hair grow faster after big chop?
- 8 Should you big chop on wet or dry hair?
- 9 Does your curl pattern change after big chop?
- 10 How long does it take to transition to natural hair without big chop?
- 11 Should I cut my hair off and start over?
- 12 How often can I straighten my 4c hair?
- 13 Should I comb my TWA?
- 14 What happens after the big chop?
What should I put on my hair after big chop?
Big Chop Natural Hair Products:
- Eco Styler Gel – Yes this might sound basic but it gets the job done and it is super easy for anyone to use!
- The Mane Choice 3-In-1 Co-Wash, Leave In, & Detangler.
- Obia Natural Curl Moisture Cream – perfectly pH balanced and one of the best leave in conditioners I’ve ever used.
Does natural hair grow faster after big chop?
While there is still some debate about it, hair that is freshly cut does not necessarily grow faster. When you cut your hair, you cut the bottom of the strand, therefore, the two are not related. There are a few reasons why people might think hair grows faster after the big chop.
How long does it take for hair to grow after big chop?
How long after the Big Chop will my hair be shoulder length? It will be about 1.5 years to 2 years. Yes, it sounds like a long time, but trust us, you’ll get there before you know it!
How do you keep your hair moisturized after the big chop?
Your daily regime should also include a water-based moisturizer, like a leave-in conditioner, and a natural oil, like extra-virgin coconut oil or olive oil. Because the molecules of oil are much larger than molecules of water, the oil will act as a sealant and help to retain the moisture for as long as possible.
Should I big chop or transition?
If you transition, you’ll get to keep your length, but you’ll have to deal with styling multi-textured tresses. If you do the big chop, you’ll get rid of your relaxer in one fell swoop, but you might be left with only an inch of hair.
How often should you wash your hair after big chop?
Shampoo– Use a moisturizing/ cleansing shampoo ever every 1 to 2 weeks. Use a clarifying shampoo once a month to cleanse your scalp from all the product buildup.
How can I make my hair grow faster after big chop?
Here’s some tips on how to grow out your natural hair after the big chop.
- Wash, Deep Condition & Moisturize Regularly. First you’ll need to choose products that work for your natural hair.
- Trim Regularly.
- Keep Heat Styling To A Minimum.
- Wear Low Manipulation Hairstyles.
- Protective Style.
Should you big chop on wet or dry hair?
“You can have multiple curl patterns on one head of hair so if it is cut while straight or wet, when it dries naturally the hair will spring up and the cut will look uneven.” Despite its name, “the big chop” doesn’t have to be super drastic — make it gradual if you need to.
Does your curl pattern change after big chop?
Your Hair Texture Changes The same happens when you big chop. You may notice a difference in your curls and see a more defined pattern than before. The Salon Brazyl Wash and Go Experience looks great on all hair lengths and types. You’ll be adding a new glow and embracing this new confident look even after one visit.
How long does it take to transition to natural hair without big chop?
This depends on how quickly your hair grows and the desired length. On average hair grows 1/2” per month, which is about 6” per year. If one were aiming for 12” of all natural length, 2-3 years would be a good estimate.
Should I cut my hair off and start over?
While cutting everything off is certainly the quickest way to grow a healthy head of hair, it can be a long journey to get back to the length you’re looking for. The quickest way I could grow out my natural texture was to cut off the relaxed hair and start over again.
How often can I straighten my 4c hair?
“You should not flat iron natural hair more than once a month, especially if your hair is color-treated or damaged,” says Powell. “Even once a month can be considered pushing it, so if you are flat ironing that frequently, it’s important that you are hyper-aware of your hair’s health.”
Should I comb my TWA?
You really don’t need to comb your hair much but when you do make sure it’s wet and has conditioner in it.
What happens after the big chop?
After the big chop, you may feel as if you made a big mistake. That feeling, however, will wear off once you understand that your hair can and will grow back. During that growth stage though, you have to be patient with the rate your hair is growing as well as how much length it is retaining. Keep your hair hydrated.