- 1 What should I do with my hair while transitioning?
- 2 How do you keep transitioning hair moisturized?
- 3 How often should I wash my hair when transitioning?
- 4 Should I cut transitioning hair wet or dry?
- 5 Does transitioning hair shed a lot?
- 6 Does hair grow faster after big chop?
- 7 How long does it take to transition to natural hair without big chop?
- 8 Can you use natural hair products on transitioning hair?
- 9 How do I transition from Perm to natural hair?
- 10 What happens if you dont wash hair for 2 weeks?
- 11 Is Silk Press Good for transitioning hair?
- 12 Is Cantu products good for transitioning hair?
- 13 Should I trim my 4C hair wet or dry?
- 14 How do split ends look?
What should I do with my hair while transitioning?
Let’s break it all down with 10 transitioning hair tips.
- Be patient.
- Cut when necessary.
- Deep condition often.
- Plan out your protective styles.
- Cut back on heat styling.
- Don’t stress the shedding.
- Avoid drying ingredients.
- Focus on scalp health.
How do you keep transitioning hair moisturized?
We offered these seven tips:
- Use a true moisturizer that has water as 1st or 2nd ingredient.
- Seal in moisture with an oil like Shea butter, castor oil, or avocado oil.
- Trim your ends regularly.
- Avoid heat.
- Keep your hands out of your hair.
- Sleep with a satin bonnet or pillow.
- Deep condition regularly.
How often should I wash my hair when transitioning?
Co-washing should be your primary option on cleansing transitioning hair, but every so often – whether every week, every two weeks or every month – it will be necessary to shampoo.
Should I cut transitioning hair wet or dry?
Dry or damp hair. Don’t cut your hair while soaking wet. When our hair is wet, it is more weighed down and elongated. There is a lot of potential to underestimate how much you’ve cut, and when it shrinks up, you’ve got much shorter hair than you anticipated.
Does transitioning hair shed a lot?
Expect some breakage and shedding. If you gracefully make it through transitioning your hair without experiencing shedding and breakage, that is awesome! However, lots of transitioners notice the ends of their hair are a lot thinner after several inches of new growth.
Does hair grow faster after big chop?
While there is still some debate about it, hair that is freshly cut does not necessarily grow faster. When you cut your hair, you cut the bottom of the strand, therefore, the two are not related. There are a few reasons why people might think hair grows faster after the big chop.
How long does it take to transition to natural hair without big chop?
This depends on how quickly your hair grows and the desired length. On average hair grows 1/2” per month, which is about 6” per year. If one were aiming for 12” of all natural length, 2-3 years would be a good estimate.
Can you use natural hair products on transitioning hair?
Natural hair care products are typically comprised of moisture-rich ingredients targeting dry hair. Natural hair care moisturizers, deep conditioners and leave-in products can all be used on relaxed hair, it’s just a matter of choosing the right products for your hair type and porosity level.
How do I transition from Perm to natural hair?
11 Top tips for transitioning from relaxed to natural hair
- Take the time to learn about your new hair growth.
- Give yourself time to adjust.
- Remember to trim.
- Keep it moisturised.
- Find a hairstyle that works.
- Consider a protective hairstyle.
- Go easy with it.
- Switch to co-washing.
What happens if you dont wash hair for 2 weeks?
Not washing your hair regularly can make the scalp flaky and lead to dandruff. It will make you feel itchy and you can also get rashes on your scalp. “You can develop major dandruff problem if you don’t wash your hair for 1 or 2 weeks,” she warned.
Is Silk Press Good for transitioning hair?
“You can alternate protective styles like braids and weaves. You can also wear wigs. Another way is silk pressing (a process in which the hair is straightened with heat) — this option will keep your natural hair manageable throughout the transition process while looking like ‘yourself’ through the journey.
Is Cantu products good for transitioning hair?
Best Curl Enhancing Cream: Cantu Shea Butter for Natural Hair Moisturizing Curl Activator Cream. This is a moisturizing curl activator cream. It is a shea butter-based moisturizer for your hair. It keeps the hair frizz-free and is perfect for all hair types, including transitioning hair.
Should I trim my 4C hair wet or dry?
It is advisable to trim your 4C hair when dry but you can also trim your 4C natural hair wet this will help you see the split end better, but beware trimming 4c hair wet can cause you to lose more length than usual, so trim carefully!
How do split ends look?
Take a look at the ends of your hair; splits are easy to spot. Instead of a single hair strand that’s intact all the way to the end, a split end looks just like that: two separate strands of hair at the bottom of the hair shaft, sticking away from one another, forming a V shape.