- 1 What makeup was popular in the 1960s?
- 2 What color lipstick was popular in the 70s?
- 3 What was the most popular hairstyle in the 1960s?
- 4 What accessories were popular in the 1960s?
- 5 What makeup did girls wear in the 70s?
- 6 What did makeup look like in the 70’s?
- 7 What did ladies wear in the 1960’s?
- 8 What colors were popular in the 60s?
- 9 What hairstyles were popular in the 70’s?
- 10 What were the trends in the 1960s?
What makeup was popular in the 1960s?
The Key 1960s Makeup trends
- Eyes – eyeliner was the most important makeup tool.
- Eye shadow – the popular palette was blue,grey and white.
- Eyelashes – placed on both top and bottom for a real retro ‘flapper’ effect.
- Powder – Lots of powder in the early 1960’s to just a dab of translucent by the end of the decade.
What color lipstick was popular in the 70s?
1970s. A punchy coral like Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Abstract Orange topped with a coat of gloss served as the perfect complement to the era’s sun-kissed skin and Farrah Fawcett flip.
What was the most popular hairstyle in the 1960s?
Hair Through History: 9 Iconic Hairstyles That Defined the 1960s
- The Beehive. This sky-scraping style was developed in 1960 by Margaret Vinci Heldt, a hairstylist based in Elmhurst, Illinois.
- The Flipped Bob.
- The Mop Top.
- The Bombshell.
- The New Pixie.
- The Vidal Sassoon Cut.
- Hippie Hair.
What accessories were popular in the 1960s?
- Hat by Edward Mann.
- Glasses and sunglasses by Oliver Goldsmith.
- Jewellery by Wendy Ramshaw and David Watkins.
- Handbag by Sally Jess.
- Tights by Mary Quant.
- Boots by André Courrèges.
What makeup did girls wear in the 70s?
1970s Eyes Black mascara, black eyeliner, and shimmer eye shadows make the eyes very dramatic. During the late ’70s, softer looks become more fashionable and replace powders with soft foundations that provide sheer coverage. The eyes are kept neutral for daytime with mascara used on the top and bottom lashes.
What did makeup look like in the 70’s?
Glowing, radiant skin was a huge makeup trend in the ’70s. The focus of any face makeup look was creating the appearance of healthy-looking, dewy skin. This was done by wearing a foundation with a dewy finish and highlighting to the max. To recreate the look, use the L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro-Glow Foundation.
What did ladies wear in the 1960’s?
Some of the trends to emerge from the 1960s included mod and shift dresses, skirts paired with colorful tights, bold patterns, and prints, including tie-dye, go-go boots, and mini skirts. It was a decade that revolutionized womenswear and had a rebellious and youthful attitude.
What colors were popular in the 60s?
Green, gold, orange and yellow were very popular and could be found on everything from clothes to home décor, and even cars. Previous eras had similar popular colors, but in the ’60s they were pumped up to vibrant hues. Psychedelic colors played off one another for maximum impact.
What hairstyles were popular in the 70’s?
70s Hairstyles You Should Try:
- The Shag. If you are looking for inspirations for hairstyles form the 70’s, look no further than with Jane Fonda.
- 70s Hairstyles – Feathered Like Farrah Fawcett.
- The Wedge.
- Wear it Straight and Sleek.
- Pixie 70s Hairstyles.
- Brow-Skimming Bangs.
- The Pageboy Cut.
What were the trends in the 1960s?
Miniskirts, fringe, bold florals, crochet, tie-dye and more were birthed from this decade, so let this roundup of iconic style moments serve as your mood board now. American-born French actress, Marpessa Dawn eloquently wears a fit and flare dress; The silhouette is a ’60s staple dress that will never go out of style.